Knowledge Management by Reifenhäuser Group
Founded in 1911, the Reifenhäuser Group is now the leading provider of innovative technologies and components for plastics extrusion. The six highly specialized business units provide advanced solutions to customers around the world. With the Group’s technologies and a highly skilled workforce of over 1,400 employees, the Reifenhäuser Group enables customers to produce films, nonwovens, monofilaments and wood polymer composites of the highest quality. To ensure an effective cooperation between all offices and business units various IT services are provided.
According to internal forecasts the group faces a rising data growth (emails, reports, orders, standards, drawings etc.) up to tenfold until 2020. Reliably finding documents had already become a time-consuming issue with the existing data pool. To optimize the search process and to handle the flood of information according to the specific requirements of the group it was an important task to find a sustainable and future-oriented IT solution. At the same time the loss of already existing and company-wide know how needed to be prevented in order to secure the company’s information base for the long term.
The choice for intergator, the universal search solution and knowledge management platform of interface projects GmbH, was made after a detailed comparison of providers and evaluation process of enterprise search vendors. The main reasons for the implementation of intergator were:
- high scalability for fast searching,
- system-wide, near real time indexing of millions of documents,
- the possibility of internal networking to leverage knowledge collaboration.
After the successful system integration and test phase by users the employees of the Reifenhäuser Group search and find all process-relevant information with intergator Enterprise Search. At this time the following systems are integrated into the universal search solution: SAP, d.3, NetApp, OwnCloud, TOPdesk, Exchange, FOSWIKI, various databases and web sites.
- High data protection requirements
- Challenging search syntax
- Ease of use
- One single universal search solution across all systems
- High requirements on reliability and scalability
- Integration of other business units with decentralized IT
- In-house search solution with intergator appliances
- Used intergator components: Enterprise Search, Social Dashboard, Navigator, Documentation Reader and Clustermanagement
„Due to the quick and easy integration of intergator it became the users‘ most popular tool. Furthermore it has significantly enhanced the sensitivity when storing confidential documents.“