Enterprise Search at the Insurer Sparkassen-Versicherung Sachsen
“The FixFinder by intergator enables our in-house employees to access information from different source systems quickly and efficiently.”
Detlev Eichhorn | IT Project Manager, Sparkassen-Versicherung Sachsen
The Sparkassen-Versicherung Sachsen (SVS) is the only insurance company in Saxony. It started business operations on 1 October 1992. Its headquarters are in Dresden, its business region is the Free State of Saxony. The company offers all relevant insurance products for private, commercial and municipal customers. With over 1 million contracts the company has developed a leading market position in Saxony: Every second household is insured by the Sparkassen-Versicherung Sachsen.
In 2011 the Sparkassen-Versicherung Sachsen collected a series of ideas for the optimization of its internal information management. During this process, the “retrieval of information and data in different source systems” was given the highest priority. Numerous technical disciplines defined the information search process as a time-waster which impedes internal productivity. Based on this finding, a detailed requirements specification as well as a subsequent software selection process was initiated. As a result, Sparkassen-Versicherung Sachsen opted for intergator Enterprise Search.
About interface projects GmbH
interface:projects has specialized in the development of information management solutions. Its product intergator provides a cross-system search engine and knowledge management solution with a comfortable and functional search interface. Time-consuming searching of different data sources is no longer required. intergator acts in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and is based on existing authorization concepts.
The complete case study of Sparkassen-Versicherung Sachsen can be downloaded here as PDF [237 KB].
Sparkassen – Versicherung Sachsen
- Quick search in a variety of sources, among others Lotus Notes Mail (including archives), Notes special databases, Novell Filesystem, Intranet
- Customer-specific data protection (representative regulation) and data security requirements (virus protection)
- Team-specific views of the same data; team-specific ranking
- Reading from sources using product-specific connectors; Implementation of customer-specific adaptations using plug-ins
- Indexing of a customer-specific intergator appliance (on site) while meeting requirements for indexing latencies and search times
- Integration into the single sign-on (SSO) environment and intranet
- Support for internal communication of the search solution
- Training for independent operation (and administration) by SVS